The High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development in 2017, convened under the Economic and Social Council, will take place from 10-19 July 2017 at the United Nations (UN) in New York .
As part of the follow-up and review mechanism, the voluntary national reviews aim to facilitate the sharing of experiences, including successes, challenges and lessons learned, with a view to accelerating the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
In 2017, the following 43 countries have volunteered to review and report during the HLPF on their national level implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
Afghanistan, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Monaco, Nepal, Netherlands, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Qatar, Slovenia, Sweden, Thailand, Togo, Uruguay, Zimbabwe.
The theme for HLPF 2017 is "Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world". The set of goals to be reviewed in depth will be the following:
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development (this Goal will be considered each year)
Further information on events being organised during the HLPF by IDDC and its members will be added when available.