The International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC) is a global consortium of 23 organisations supporting disability and development work in more than 100 countries around the world. IDDC and its members aim to promote inclusive development. Inclusive development means respecting the full human rights of every person, acknowledging diversity, eradicating poverty and ensuring that all people are fully included and can actively participate in development processes and activities regardless of age, gender, disability, state of health, ethnic origin or any other characteristic. For more info, visit our website on www.iddcconsortium.net
IDDC is looking for applicants for its Brussels-based Secretariat for a:
IDDC Coordinator (Full time)
The IDDC Coordinator
The IDDC Coordinator is responsible for the smooth functioning of IDDC and the facilitation of IDDC reaching its objectives. There are three main areas of responsibility:
Facilitating the function of IDDC towards achieving it mandate
- Supporting the Board in the development and participation of the membership (keeping members engaged, new members, diversifying membership)
- Supporting the Board functioning
- Supporting the work of, and coordination amongst, task groups and other working groups
- Supporting the board the hosting member in the organisation of the General Assembly
- Maximizing IDDCs resource and knowledge management and learning processes
External Communication and representation
- Representation of IDDC, or first contact point of IDDC with potential members, partners and institutions
- Supporting the development of international partnerships
- Producing an up to date annual report
- Maintaining the web-site
- Management of time bound projects; management of staff and consultants of time bound projects (where needed development of TORs, recruitment and monitoring of employees of IDDC)
- Exploring, where required, new avenues of funding, together with IDDC members
- Managing internal communication
- Basic administration for the IDDC to meet minimum legal requirement an organization in Belgium
Management of IDDC
Reporting structure: Reports to the IDDC Board.
Start and duration of employment: from as soon as possible in 2013; long terms contract with initial probation period of Six Months. Ideally we would like the post holder in place for the IDDC General Assembly in May.
Location: Ideally Brussels based, but applications from people who would work from another European base will also be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Fluent written and spoken English; other languages an asset
- Self-motivation and self-organisation; ability to prioritise
- Ability to supervise and build capacity of team, and project partners
- Interest in and commitment to disability and development cooperation
- Commitment to IDDC Values and Principles
- Experience of working in an international non-governmental organisation
- Prepared to travel occasionally within Europe
- Knowledge of the disability and development sector and stakeholders
- Experience in managing EU projects within consortia
- Experience in recruitment of staff and consultations
- Experience in developing and managing contracts with external service providers.
How to apply
Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference ‘Application IDDC Coordinator 2013’ in the subject line.
Closing date for applications February 25th 2013:
IDDC operates an equal opportunities recruitment process. People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Please note, only candidates in possession of a valid work permit for Belgium will be considered.
Interviews will take place on 13 March 2011 in Brussels; please indicate in your application if you are available for interview on that date.
We regret that we will only be able to send a reply to candidates who have been short-listed for the interviews. We thank you for your understanding.