To keep pace with growth we are looking forward to recruiting a Regional Advisor * within our Inclusive Eye Health Initiative in Africa West & Central.
This is a full-time position to be based in one out of our established CBM Offices in Africa West & Central (i.e. Lomé, Abuja, Kinshasa, Yaoundé…) and in accordance to the contractual conditions of the respective country. An expatriation is not intended.
These are your responsibilities
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in the development and implementation of all inclusive eye health projects & budgets in the region ensuring that project designs are in line with national plans and CBM’s initiative plan
- Ensure quality in inclusive eye health programmes in terms of technical requirements, disability inclusion and developmental good practice
- Roll-out the technical quality management tools, follow up and ensure full and timely implementation of the action plans, in collaboration with the country offices
- Oversee and monitor regional and country level budget allocation and spending and provide strategic direction to country portfolio’s
- Provide capacity development to CBM regional and country staff in technical and programmatic aspects of Inclusive Eye Health, in collaboration with national advisors if existing
- Be actively engaged in the recruitment and selection process of IEH staff at the regional and country level
- Supervise and provide dotted-line leadership to national advisors if existing
- Visit projects, assess progress, report on findings, make recommendations, follow up recommendations and report outcomes
- Analyse regional policies, trends, data & research in inclusive eye health in order to contribute to CBM’s policies and practice in eye health
- Ensure the latest developments in inclusive eye health at global level are reflected in strategic decisions in the region
- Represent CBM in global and regional Eye Health networks and fora
- Contribute to identifying funding opportunities for institutional and other major donors.
- As a member of the global technical leadership team (TLT-IEH) of CBM: further develop CBM’s regional work in inclusive eye health, in line with the CBM initiative plan. This includes supporting the planning, delivery, coordination, monitoring, evaluation, refinement, resourcing, strategic thinking inclusive eye health and promotion of CBM’s area of work in Africa West and Central
- Contribute to develop and monitor quality standards for CBM’s inclusive eye health work and the capacity requirements at different levels of the organisation to meet these standards
- Support in commissioning research in order to inform and further develop CBM’s work in inclusive eye health
These are your qualifications
- Professional qualification in Ophthalmology and 8 years work experience in this field
- Preference will be given to candidates with an additional degree and experience in public health ophthalmology
- Background and experience in development cooperation, including in applying relevant tools and methods (PCM, participatory approaches etc)
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in a developing country
- Strong understanding of disability-inclusive development is an important asset
- Experience in and/or knowledge of public health is an asset
- Experience in networking, advocacy and influencing with knowledge of key global and continental networks, ideally having played an active part in such networks
- Knowledge and understanding of key players and stakeholders in eye health in the region
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Experience in operational research
- Experience in teaching/ training/ coaching
What we offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse working environemnt full of team spirit
How to apply
A letter of motivation, CV and relevant (work) references complete your application.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Your contact person: Adrián Recio Oviedo , email@example.com
We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.
*Suitability is decisive, gender is irrelevant!
Application form: Job opportunity Regional Advisor Inclusive Eye Health Africa West & Central at Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V Jobportal (cbm.org)
Deadline: 31 October 2022