Company/Organization: HelpAge International
HelpAge International is a global network working with and for older people promoting the rights of all older people to lead dignified, healthy and secure lives. The HelpAge network includes 140 member organisations across 80 countries. From small grassroots groups to large international organisations, we bring together a diversity of knowledge and experiences on a range of areas including health and care, social protection, ageism and human rights, and humanitarian response.
HelpAge is a member of the Elrha Technical Working group on the inclusion of people with disabilities and older people, which is chaired by CBM.
What organisations have conducted training on inclusion and what was their method?
To respond to the review question, the provider will be expected to review literature and engage with key humanitarian stakeholders in order to:
Identify existing training approaches for inclusion
Collect qualitative data on the perceived effectiveness of inclusion training, including consideration of the accessibility of training approaches.
Collect qualitative data on perceived barriers/challenges, opportunities and enabling factors for effectiveness of inclusion training.
Provide a good baseline for future research and funding for strengthening inclusion training.
The ideal consultant will have strong understanding of and experience in the humanitarian sector. With an extensive knowledge of disability and older age inclusion in the humanitarian sector, with good awareness of relevant standards, principles and stakeholders.
Expression of Interest
Expressions of interest are sought from applicants meeting the criteria above. These should be addressed to Marion Staunton at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23:59 on 13 October 2019.
Expressions of Interest should be in English and should include the following within a maximum of 8 pages:
- A concise summary of the team and demonstration of suitability and relevant experience as per the above;
- Your proposed approach to produce the required deliverables and answer the research question, including an indicative workplan (1 page);
- Your proposed budget broken down by activity (1 page).
You may wish to include (attached as links or appendices):
- Examples of relevant work and materials produced;
- References or testimonies from previous partners or clients
- For the full Terms of Reference and instructions on how to apply for the role, please visit HelpAge International website.