Scope of Work
HelpAge International is looking to recruit short term specialists in disability inclusion programming. We expect projects to last about 3-6 months. Tasks may include:
- Providing technical assistance to HelpAge International offices, network members, partners and ‘clients’ programme activities to ensure inclusion of older people with disabilities, considering the potential for organisational change and inclusive programme development.
- Supporting the development of a case management approach, that includes documenting work/activities in a care plan and setting up effective referral mechanisms or pathways to other service providers.
- Data analysis and collection on age, gender and disability (using Washington Group questions).
- Promote inclusive approaches to ensure full and active participation of older people with disability.
- Have a working knowledge of social and community psychosocial and rehabilitation approaches to assist in building up community and home-based care support
- Have a working knowledge of assistive products for older people including older people with disability.
- Inclusion advocacy.
- Technical disability response, e.g. physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and support for carers.
- Generate quality evidence on the needs and capacities of older people with disabilities, for use in research and programme work.
- Providing MEAL for HelpAge, network members, partner organisations, and clients’ disability inclusion projects.
Closing date for applications: On-going
Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications early, as these will be reviewed regularly.
Read the full job description