Light for the World is a global disability and development organisation whose vision is an inclusive society where no one is left behind. We are looking for a
Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator (f/m/nb) (flexible – up to 40h / Vienna – other locations possible)
In this newly created senior position in our HR team you will lead and coordinate our Diversity & Inclusion initiative and drive its implementation.
Light for the World is committed to becoming an even more diverse and inclusive organisation. Our Diversity & Inclusion initiative entails concrete actions to foster long-term transformational cultural change. Our aim is to ensure that all colleagues feel heard, supported, and able to perform and enjoy their jobs to the maximum capability. This includes a focus on colleagues from groups who have traditionally been underrepresented in positions of power, including people with disabilities, people from lower income countries, and women.
We especially encourage and welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
- Facilitate the development of a comprehensive D&I strategy and provide policy recommendations to the management for attracting, welcoming and effectively retaining a diverse workforce at Light for the World
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate the D&I initiative in collaboration with teams in 12 countries across Africa and Europe
- Provide guidance and support to Light for the World’s teams and management on how to implement the initiative in their respective areas of responsibility
- Act as a focal point for all D&I related issues within the organisation
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including the disability movement, networks and civil society organisations
- Elaborate and implement professional development programs, team-building opportunities and trainings that foster inclusion and support personal and professional growth
- Assist with diversity-related communications and reports
- Expert on Diversity & Inclusion issues with a strong focus on disability
- Experience in an international environment
- Project & change management skills, including the ability to create action plans, manage multiple programs simultaneously and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build coalitions and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of diverse individuals and groups
- High levels of self-initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written; other languages are an asset
- General knowledge of HR issues and processes, including budgeting and legal compliance
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Strong commitment to the mission of Light for the World
What we offer:
- an outstanding opportunity to extend your professional experience and bring about change through an internationally recognised development organisation
- a highly motivated & professional team that strives towards continuous improvement and development
- a competitive salary for the NGO sector, including full social insurance and various staff benefits
- a flexible work place with remote working options (different country options)
- a friendly, innovative and dynamic working environment
Please apply exclusively via our application tool:
Please include a full CV and a letter of motivation to let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable. Please note that first interviews will start in September 2021.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We especially welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. For any questions related to accessibility and inclusion at Light for the World, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org