On 18 November 2015, the Italian Network on Disability and Development (RIDS) and the Italian Development Cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation are co-organising an International Conference "Including Disability in Development Cooperation: Experiences of collaboration between Governments, NGOs and DPOs".
The programme is as follows:
8.30 – 9.00 Participants Registration
9.00 – 9.30 Welcoming and official opening of the conference
- H.E. Paolo Gentiloni (TBC), Minister, Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, MAECI.
- Pietro Barbieri, Rete Italiana Disabilità e Sviluppo, RIDS
9.30 – 11.30 FIRST SESSION - The Italian, European and international commitment on inclusive development
Moderator: Daniela Bas, Director of UNDESA
- Ivo Pazzagli, Educaid – RIDS and University of Bologna
- Alicia Martin Diaz, International Cooperation and Development – EuropeAid
- Mina Lomuscio, MAECI – DGCS/Central Technical Unit
- Ingar Duering, GIZ - German cooperation Agency
- Daniel Pero-Sanz, AECID - Spanish cooperation Agency
- Katariina Sario, Senior Advisor on the Rights of Vulnerable Groups in the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland
11.30 – 11.45 Coffee break
11.45 – 13.00 SECOND SESSION: The role of DPOs in inclusive development projects: empowerment and participation
Moderator: Rodolfo Cattani, European Disability Forum - EDF secretary.
- Francesca Ortali, AIFO - RIDS: Building empowerment through CBR
- Vincenzo Falabella, FISH: The DPOs empowerment into a DPO’s federation
- Kalle Konkkola, Abilis Foundation, Finland
- Javier Guemes, Fundación ONCE para la Cooperación e Inclusión Social de Personas con Discapacidad
13.00 – 14.00 Lunch break
14.00 – 15.30 THIRD SESSION: The inclusion of disability into emergency projects
Moderator: Mario Baldi, Minister Plenipotentiary, Head of Emergency and Humanitarian Aid Office, Directorate General for Development Cooperation, MAECI
- Valerie Scherrer, Head of CBM Emergency Unit, IDDC
- …… (TBC), representative of the European Commission.
- Matilde Leonardi, Besta Institute of Milan
- Giampiero Griffo, DPI - RIDS
15.30 – 16.45 FOURTH SESSION: Monitoring tools for inclusive development
Moderator: Arnt Holte, International Disability Alliance - IDA board member.
- Victoria Lee, UN Human Rights and Convention Office, International Disability Alliance (IDA): The role of DPOs in monitoring CRPD
- Facundo Chavez Penillas, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (Geneva): Empowerment of DPOs and monitoring of CRPD
- Alfredo Ferrante, National Observatory on the condition of persons with disability: The two-years action programme on disability of the Italian Government
- Susanna Schlein, DGCS -VIII: Data collection and analysis, the use of a specific disability marker
16.45 – 17.00 Conclusions
Giampaolo Cantini, Minister Plenipotentiary, Director General for Development Cooperation, MAECI
The conference is part of the InfoEas project "Cooperate to include. Italy's commitment to disability and development cooperation". It will take place in Rome at the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. English and Italian will be the languages of the conference which is free of charge but the numbers are limited so please register using the registration forms below.
For more information, and to register, please contact Ms Maria Elisa Marzotti (AIFO-RIDS firstname.lastname@example.org) The deadline for registration is Wednesday 4 November.