Leverage investment through partnerships: Inclusive Education for girls and boys with disabilities in LMIC - COSP 11 side-event
In Low and Middle Income countries (LMIC) more than 32 million children with disabilities are out of school. Exclusion from education is often the beginning of lifelong exclusion from society. Without reversing this fact, the 2030 Agenda cannot be successful. This side event addresses the funding needed, possible solutions and the importance of partnerships.
We would like to invite you to the side event ‘Leverage investment through partnerships: Inclusive Education for girls and boys with disabilities in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMIC)’ at the 11th session of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD (COSP).
Date: 12th June 2017, 10:00 - 11:15am (New York time)
Venue:UN Headquarters, (Conference Room B), New York
To Register/RSVP: If you are not registered for the COSP, but would like to attend the side event kindly, please indicate your name as shown in your passport to email@example.com by 7 June 2018 at the latest.
By the end of the session, you will:
- Have an overview of key findings and recommendations (from the #Costing Equity Report (https://iddcconsortium.net/resources-tools/costing-equity) and other relevant studies) related to development aid and domestic resourcing channelled towards implementing disability-inclusive education in line with UNCRPD art. 24 on inclusive education and its General Comment.
- Think about strategic investments that will close the gap between policies and commitments on paper and implementation of disability-inclusive education in practice in low- and middle-income settings e.g. data.
- Know about potential solutions of funding mechanisms on the way
- Understand the importance of renewing and strengthening partnership of civil society, governments and donors and their respective responsibilities;
Welcoming by the Permanent Mission of Austria
Introduction by the moderator Ms. Roseangela Berman-Bieler, UNICEF
- Ms. Diane Richler, International Disability Alliance (IDA);
- Ms. Sabine Rehbichler, LIGHT FOR THE WORLD/IDDC member;
- Ms. Anjlee Agarwal, Samarthyam/GAATES;
- Ms. Camilla Croso, Global Campaign for Education (GCE);
- Ms. Ambassador Mahlet Hailu, Mission of Ethiopia to the UN (tbc);
- Ms. Yvette Dembélé, Ministry of Social Affairs, Burkina Faso;
- Mr. Richard Boden, Department for International Development (DFID) UK;
- Ms. Jane Davies, Global Partnership for Education (GPE)
The side event is being organised by the Permanent Mission of Austria.
Co-sponsors: Permanent Missions of Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, the United Kingdom/DFID, Czech Republic; International Disability Alliance (IDA); International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC); Bridging the Gap; GAATES; Global Campaign for Education; Global Partnership for Education; World Enabled.