The International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC) is recruiting an IDDC Coordinator
IDDC is a global consortium of organisations supporting disability and development work in more than 100 countries around the world. IDDC and its members aim to promote inclusive development internationally, with a special focus on promoting the full and effective enjoyment of human rights by all persons with disabilities living in economically poor communities in lower and middle-income countries.
IDDC is based on several core values and principles: the respect of human rights for all; inclusion and diversity; sustainable development and social justice; partnership, participation, and collaboration. For more info, visit the IDDC website on www.iddcconsortium.net
IDDC is looking for applicants for its Brussel-based Secretariat for an IDDC Coordinator (Full time)
Purpose: The IDDC Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the IDDC network to reach its objectives, supporting the Board in ensuring delivery of the strategy and managing the IDDC Secretariat. There are three main areas of responsibility
Facilitating IDDC towards achieving its mandate
- Supporting the Board in the implementation and monitoring of IDDC’s strategy.
- Supporting membership development and engagement.
- Having an overview of resource and knowledge management and learning.
- Promoting coordination and internal communication amongst the IDDC Task Groups, the Board and other working structures.
- Working together with the Board and the host organisation in preparing and implementing the IDDC General Assembly, ensuring the secretariat’s responsibility for the practical organisation and logistics of the General Assembly.
External communication and representation
- Managing IDDC’s external communications, with a focus on developing and keeping the website up to date, sharing news about the network on social media and monitoring the use of the IDDC Communications Toolbox by IDDC members and working structures.
- Representation of IDDC where relevant and as agreed between the Coordinator and the Board in joint planning.
- Supporting the development of international partnerships.
Management of IDDC
- Liaising with IDDC members, and being the first of contact for potential members.
- Managing the IDDC Secretariat; ensuring IDDC’s financial and legal obligations are met as a Belgian registered organisation.
- Leading and managing the IDDC contracted staff as well as any external consultants.
- Management of timebound projects.
- Exploring, where required, new avenues of funding together with IDDC members.
- Besides the responsibilities mentioned above the employee undertakes duties as required by the Board of IDDC.
Reporting structure: The IDDC Coordinator reports to the IDDC Board
Location: Ideally the IDDC Coordinator is based in the IDDC Secretariat in Brussels
Start date: Preferably from July 2018
- Commitment to IDDC Values and Principles
- Strong interest in and commitment to disability and development cooperation
- Experience of working with the non-governmental development sector and having a good understanding of non governmental organisations (NGOs) and/or organisations of persons with disabilities (DPOs) and/or networks with international membership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills; ability to prioritise
- Ability to work independently, take initiative within agreed strategic areas and as a part of a small team; pro-active attitude
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages an asset, especially French and/or Dutch
- Prepared to travel within Europe and beyond where necessary
- Knowledge of the disability and development sector and stakeholders, including the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and Agenda 2030
- Experience in recruitment and supervision of staff
- Experience of EU-funded projects within consortia
- Experience in developing and managing contracts with external service providers
How to Apply
Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) including your salary expectations to email@example.com with ‘IDDC Coordinator 2018’ in the subject line.
IDDC operates an equal opportunities recruitment process. People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Tuesday 29 May 2018
Interviews will take place in June – date to be confirmed.
Please note, only candidates already in possession of a valid work permit for the EU will be considered.
We regret that we will only be able to send a reply to candidates who have been short-listed for the interviews. We thank you for your understanding.