The International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC) and the European Disability Forum (EDF) are part of a Consortium with FIIAPP (project lead) and EU Member States Development Agencies to implement the European Commission (EC) funded project ‘Bridging the Gap: Inclusive policies and services for equal rights of persons with disabilities’. With ‘Bridging the Gap’ five partner countries in Africa and Latin America will be supported to implement the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) in selected sectors. Beyond the project life-time – from April 2017 to March 2021 – policies, structures and processes will be established to sustainably ensure full participation and inclusion of persons with disabilities. EDF and IDDC have agreed to lead in the Consortium the work around Knowledge Management and Learning. To fulfil this role IDDC is recruiting an expert in knowledge management preferably in disability and development contexts.
The purpose of the position is to set up and manage the knowledge management and learning component of the EU project ‘Bridging the Gap’, which informs policy development and implementation among the project partners and beyond:
- The Knowledge Management and Learning Coordinator will ensure effective and coordinated learning from the Action and support the development of joint capacity building methods and tools
- He/she will provide guidance on identifying lessons learned and building of evidence in disability-inclusive development
- He/she will support in developing mechanisms to document and monitor the outcomes of interventions across different sectors and on cross-cutting issues
- He/she will identify key drivers for disability-inclusive development cooperation and promote them among EU development actors
- He/she will create adaptable tools for disability-inclusive sector policies, which can be taken up by donor countries in Europe and beyond
- He/she will support the organisation of events at EU level
- He/she will link the civil society organisation (CSO) engagement in partner countries with the global knowledge management and learning initiatives
- At least 5 years direct experience in implementing disability and development programmes
- At least 5 years’ experience in a capacity building/ learning function/ knowledge management function (having run training/ given technical support in development programmes and set up and managed knowledge management systems)
- Experience in managing inclusive/ accessible events
- Experience in developing fully accessible communication materials
- Experience in using project/ field based learning in advocacy at national, European or international level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and comfortable to communicate in Spanish and French
- Direct working experience with organisations of persons with disabilities (DPOs) (in partnership, projects, capacity building) and other development stakeholders
- Proven knowledge in international development cooperation policies – with a focus on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Proven knowledge on the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Educational background which includes human rights, disability or development
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools and experience in managing multi-country projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication in French
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Spanish
- Knowledge of EU member states development policies and alignment with the SDGs
- Research experience
The post-holder will be employed by the IDDC Secretariat in Brussels but will report directly to the ‘Bridging the Gap Project Director based in FIIAPP in Madrid. He/she works closely with EDF and IDDC representatives in Brussels.
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Thursday 27 April 2017 at 17:00 (CET)
Date and location of the interview: Friday 5 May 2017, Brussels
For further information, please see the job advert, and please use the application form to apply for this job. Application forms should be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline on Thursday 27 April 2017.