COVID-19 & Inclusive Health
Repository of resources on disability inclusion and Covid-19
This document is a repository of resources focusing on Covid-19, disability, mental health, chronic health conditions and related topics curated by the International Disability and Development Consortium Inclusive Health Task Group (IDDC IHTG) and the CORE Group Disability Inclusive Health Technical Advisory Group co-chaired by Alessandra Aresu (Humanity & Inclusion), Leia Isanhart (Catholic Relief Services), Nick Corby (Equal International), Andrea Pregel (Sightsavers).
The repository includes:
- Easy read and plain language resources
- Resources in sign languages
- Resources on mental health
- Resources from governments and service providers
- Resources from NGOs, research institutions and international networks
- Training / programmes
- Research / academic publications
- Media, articles, blogs
- Social media resources
Resources included in this list are for information purposes; the inclusion of a resource in this list does not represent an endorsement of its content, language or viewpoint
The document is regularly updated thanks to the inputs we receive by organizations and individuals working on Covid-19.
Disability and COVID-19 Twitter Chat – #DisabilityC19
On Monday 6 April between 11:00am and 12:30pm UK time (BST), IDDC participated to a Twitter Chat organised by ARISE on disability and COVID-19.
A Twitter Chat is where a group of Twitter users ‘meet’ at a pre-determined time to discuss a certain topic, using a designated hashtag (#DisabilityC19) for each tweet contributed. Visit the event webpage.
The objectives of this chat are to:
- Help identify people, organisations and networks with expertise in disability and COVID-19 and source further resources
- Highlight the particular needs of people with disabilities and potential gaps in the COVID-19 messaging and response (with a focus on low- and middle-income countries)
- Explore how people with disabilities are being included in the COVID-19 response