IDDC in a nutshell
The International Disability and Development Consortium is a global consortium of disability and development non-governmental organisations (NGOs), mainstream development NGOs and disabled people's organisations (DPOs) supporting disability and development work in more than 100 countries around the world.
The aim of IDDC is to promote inclusive development internationally, with a special focus on promoting the full and effective enjoyment of human rights by all persons with disabilities living in economically poor communities in lower and middle-income countries.
IDDC’s main objectives are:
- To promote the inclusion of the disability dimension, as well as appropriate disability-specific approaches, in all development policy and practice.
- To improve the practice of the member organisations by collaborating and sharing experience about policy and practice.
- To support the exchange of information and knowledge about inclusive development, especially between people and organisations in economically poorer countries, by the wide distribution of information.
IDDC Strategic Framework 2018-2021:
The IDDC Strategic Framework 2018-2021, which was approved at the IDDC General Assembly 2018, has four strategic priorities for the coming years:
- Strategic Priority 1: Advocate for the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) and other relevant treaties and for disability inclusion in the 2030 Agenda (Sustainable Development Goals or SDGs) and the Agenda for Humanity (Advocacy)
- Strategic Priority 2: IDDC facilitates coordination of action (including in low and middle income countries) and sharing of resources among members and allies for inclusive development and humanitarian action (Enhanced Collaboration)
- Strategic Priority 3: Support development actor capacities to promote, implement and measure policies and practices for inclusive development and humanitarian action (Capacity Development)
- Strategic Priority 4: IDDC is appropriately resourced with the appropriate working mechanisms, governance and Secretariat (Organisational Development)
Please note that IDDC is not a funding body
Unfortunately we are unable to consider any funding applications, because we currently do not have the capacity to provide funding for projects. However, our member organisations all have independent and varying funding criteria and may be able to offer help and support.
Learn more about IDDC's members